Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am surrounded!


So - usually I end up sleeping with one or more cats; sometimes they even switch it up so that I start out with one and end up with another in its place. The littlest cat, Gadget, always sleeps with me. No matter what position I am in, she ends up lying on top of me. I could be on my back and she would be on my chest. If I am on my side, she is lying on top of my hip. It never fails. So imagine my surprise this morning (4:30 or so), when I wake up due to an uncomfortable pressure on my chest. I open my eyes to find Gizmo (the biggest cat, at least weight-wise) lying on top of me. Groan! I push her off and drift off again, only to find her back in that spot minutes later. When my alarm went off, all four cats were sitting on the floor next to my bed, just waiting for me to get up and feed them. I wonder how long they were there...

No comments: