Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am NOT Immune!

Well, that didn't work out very well. Katie came home Thursday night and truly didn't feel well. She spent the weekend recovering, and didn't do anything other than the Saturday morning grocery shopping with me. I heard Jeff get up Saturday morning to go to work, but then heard no more activity from his vicinity. I called him, and he announced he was sick. He came downstairs and announced with all gravity that there was NO HOT WATER in his shower. I tried explaining to him that with a fever, one doesn't feel the warm qualities of the shower, but he was having none of it. His head hurt, I know he had a fever (although a 22 year old will not let his mother check - I'm just saying'). He was dizzy and had a cough. He also complained of stomach pain. He went to work anyway, leaving at 7:00 that morning. I know he would have called in sick, but when you are 22 years old and call in sick on a Saturday morning, the boss would probably (with good reason) believe that you are calling in with bottle flu. So, off to work he went, to prove that he was truly near death's door. Thank God they sent him home, where he spent the rest of the day and night in bed. He was not 100%, but he did manage to go to work on Sunday. Then, I woke up numerous times on Sunday night, so hot I couldn't stand it. I must have been awake every thirty minutes or so, knowing something was not right. I got up, fed the masses of four legged creatures, took my temperature and saw that I had a fever (thank you, God - it's not just a hot flash!). I crawled back in bed with the dog (I know - I was so sick I didn't even care!) and stayed home from work for the next two days. I woke up once yesterday with my head on one pillow, the dog sleeping with her head on the other, and we were spooning! WTF? The dog is allowed on my bed, but she usually stays at the foot and always on top of the spread. Not yesterday - she was right between the sheets. Needless to say, all the bedding was washed in order to eliminate the majority of the dog hair. I am back to work today, and we are all on the mend.

No comments: