Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hey Culligan Man!!

Today is Culligan day. I hate Culligan day - even though it comes just four times a year. I hate making sure the cats' litter box is presentable and that any cat barf spots are scrubbed off the basement steps (Yeah, I KNOW I should care about that every day, but it just isn't going to happen, OK?). What I hate the most is the not knowing exactly when he is coming. Oh yes, things are much better than they used to be when he would show up at 6:01 AM. Yes - you heard me right - AM! I put a call into their office and begged them to please put on my account that I didn't want to see his face before 7:00 AM in the future. It's nice to have the chance to actually wake up, shower and be dressed before one opens the door to someone they only see four times a year. It's just one of those things, I guess. Now he doesn't come until 7:01 AM, but at least I am prepared. He tried once to come early - showing up about 6:20 and telling me "I saw the light was on, so I thought I'd take a chance". Nice try, bucko. I told him my light had been on since about 5:30 that morning, but that didn't mean I wanted to see him then, either. He hasn't tried that since. This morning, however, I was up, dressed and ready for the day. Take that, Culligan man, I AM READY! Sucker didn't show up until I was about to walk out the door to go to work. Wish I had known that ahead of time - I could have had a more leisurely morning.

No comments: