Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Clean up!

Well, it's about time for an update, don'tcha think? Sometimes I think I lead such a boring life - what on earth of interest do I have to add? And then other days, I am simply scintillating. In my own mind...



I spend some of the weekend cleaning (Katie can attest to this). I went through all of the magazines in my bedroom (what a pile in the corner!) and got them ready to donate to the library's magazine exchange. Of course, when Katie and I went to drop them off, it was snowing to beat the band (wonder where that expression came from?) plus the fans from the baketball tournament at the Community Center had taken EVERY singe parking spot. Needless to say, I am still driving around with the magazines in my car. I am hoping that perhaps tonight I can haul them in while I am working - time will tell. So, back to cleaning. Got everything vacuumed and the kitchen floor swiffered (is that a word?). Sadly, due to the wind blowing so hard this weekend, there is a thin layer of black dirt on top of the snow. And even though it has been sub-zero temps for the most part, the dog has managed to create muddy paw prints throughout the kitchen every time she comes in from outside. I am starting to wipe her feet off. Now if only I could teach Jeff to wipe his off feet (or take off his shoes), I would have it made!



It seems weird - Katie came home for the weekend because she managed to finagle rides from people other than us. She left Sunday night and will be back already on Thursday. I won't even have time to miss her!

No comments: