Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gray Skies Are Gonna Clear Up!



See this girl over here? I think she is depressed. She would like nothing better than to curl up on my bed for the day. Doesn't ask to go out much at all (maybe the cold has something to do with that?). I don't know... I was feeling the same way. The house feels empty now that Katie is back at school and I think about her all the time. The adjustment period is hard on everybody, but I know we will all be fine. Only eight days and she will be back at home for a long weekend. Can't believe Big Bro agreed to go get her - although it was not posed to him as a question, but rather, a statement. Sometimes you have to give no options, that's all I'm sayin'.... Anyway, little things keep happening that make me think of Katie. Especially at lunch time today. The little cat was sitting on the couch, chewing away at her toenails with such force that it could be heard in any room of the first floor. I smile when I think of how Katie would have freaked! The Minnesgasco repairman came today and cleaned the burner on the furnace - how can it get dirty in two months? Something is amiss, I fear. Anyway, I got home for lunch and the thermostat was set at 68 degrees. How toasty! Katie would have loved it. I freaked out and the frugal being in me turned it right back down to 64. I hate to admit it, but I really like it. Hey look over there - something shiny!

No comments: