Monday, March 3, 2008

Today is Weepy Tuesday Eve

Katie was home this weekend. Her dad and I drove up to the Twin Cities on Thursday afternoon, risking life and limb on a horrible commute through a snow storm to get her. That's how much we love her, I guess, because for anything else, I would have holed up at home and said the hell with it. Things went OK - I only panicked a Little bit when we came across a fatal accident about 50 miles into the trip, and then a few miles later, came across another multi car crash that was so recent, there was no rescue personnel on scene yet. I would not want to do that again. Thankfully, by the time we were headed home, things were considerably better and we had a pretty good, although quiet weekend. Big bro is taking her back this afternoon and I am gearing up for Weepy Tuesday. We all expect Weepy Tuesday to come after a weekend at home, so I don't know why we are all so surprised when it happens. I only hope that Katie realizes that Weepy Tuesday is inevitable, and once a person actually expects it to happen, it takes the bite right out of it! I am counting down the weeks to the end of the semester!

No comments: