Thursday, May 17, 2007

Panic is Setting In

OK - I know that I work best under pressure - there is nothing like a deadline to make me put it into gear. The best house cleaning gets done when I know someone is coming over who may critique my success. That being said, I am starting to panic. There is so much to do, and now the weather forecast is calling for rain next Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (it could even be worse - the forecast doesn't go any further!). Gulp! How am I going to get my outside work done? How will the deck get painted? I guess time will tell - I have no clue! If I clean out the garage on Sunday, no one will be allowed to park their cars in it until after the graduation party. In theory, this should not be a big deal. In real life, it could be - Katie's car seems to leak whenever it rains, so she may be walking around with a wet butt at school if it really does rain for five days straight. Not exactly the lasting memory you want to leave your classmates when you are graduating! What to do? I don't know... I had good intentions of going home from work tonight and mowing the yard so things don't get over grown, but now have two co-workers coming over the raid my flowerbeds of stray plants. This is a good thing. I heard something about a bottle of wine coming along for the occasion - this could be a bad thing. I may lose my ambition to get anything done. And I am stressing because I had been meaning to tighten all the bolts and lug nuts holding the cedar patio furniture together. Obviously, that hasn't been done yet. If anyone falls on their ass tonight when their Adirondack chair collapses, I swear I know nothing!

No comments: