Friday, November 21, 2008

Heat is Overrated!

Well, winter is almost here. Do you want to know how I know this? The furnace broke again. It breaks at least once or twice a year - and it is always the same... I can hear the burner trying to turn on (three times in a row), and then it gives up and sends out cold air. I woke up yesterday and it was 59 degrees in the house. I managed to get it to work temporarily and got the temp back up to 64 at lunch time. Sadly - when I got back after work, it was again 59 degrees inside. The Minnegasco guy was supposed to come and fix it - somewhere between 8 AM and 8 PM. He had not shown up when I left for Mankato at 4:00. I wish I would have been home when he came - I was hoping that perhaps he would show me how to fix it, since it is the same problem all the time. (Probably not, huh?). Anyway, I got home at 6:00 and the house was toasty warm. I ran around putting away groceries, etc. and boy - the house was toasty warm. In fact, I was working up a sweat. Hey - wait a minute! I checked the thermostat and clearly there is a conspiracy in the works. My programmable thermostat had been tampered with. The heat was set all the way up 68 degrees! Apparently Minnegasco wants me to increase my usage of natural gas...

No comments: